Happy Thanksgiving from MindBodyPlate! Some thoughts to keep in mind as you join loved ones around the table tomorrow:
- Approach every single bite with mindful awareness.
- Take periodic breaks to gauge your fullness level on a scale of 1-10 (and decide to stop before 8).
- Occasional indulgence is a sign of healthy balance.
- Full is not fat. Fat is not bad.
- As always, it’s important to cultivate a sense of humor about these things:
Yours Truly expressing a common post-Thanksgiving sentiment, “I’m Not Pregnant, I’m Just Fat” (music & lyrics by Katie Thompson, accompanied by Sean Kana), as a part of my one woman show, Eat Your Heart Out.